It is the responsibility of the local school administrator to assign counselors to register students for ACCESS classes and to follow up with students on progress and grades in these classes. Principals enroll counselors in the student registration system, InformationLIVE, and ensure that counselors receive their username and password.
Point of Contact
Each school is assigned a program manager as its point of contact. The program manager will respond to any questions counselors have about ACCESS. These experts will provide onsite training for school personnel, students, and parents. To schedule time with your point of contact program manager, email Kassander Robinson, Traci Ferguson, Florence Williams, or Dr. Kevin Besnoy.
Counselors should refer to the ACCESS policy guide for more information. The major responsibilities of the counselor are as follows:
- Attend training provided by the regional support center
- Provide information regarding ACCESS courses to students and parents
- Ensure that students meet prerequisite requirements and possess necessary skills prior to registering them for ACCESS courses
- Provide, within one (1) week of enrollment in an ACCESS course, a list of students who are to receive special services to the respective support centers. It is imperative that the list and a copy of the each student’s individualized plan is received promptly to ensure student success
- Use the ACCESS student registration system to register students for ACCESS courses taught via videoconferencing instruction (VCI) and Web-based instruction (WBI) and to withdraw them from such courses as needed
- Report technical issues with student registration to the school system technology coordinator and appropriate support center staff/personnel
- Notify the school administrator and the school system technology coordinator of software downloads needed for specific students and courses